6.24.2007

Twister Elbow

It may seem obvious, but just in case you were wondering, it is hot here in Tucson. How hot? Damn hot. Hotter than the inside of a live chicken, even. But, what makes those dry baking desert summer nights even hotter? That's right, TWISTER! The classic game of strength, endurance, contortion, and utter humiliation!! Last night Tucson
was home to a twister bonanza courtesy of my buddy Matt who had the wherewithal and forethought to make it that kind of party. Unfortunately I don't have any risque pictures to accompany this post (yet), but I'm sure if you Google image search "twister" you'll get lots of great results of people having a grand old time trying to out-maneuver their opponents for a right-foot red, or a left-hand green... go ahead, google image search twister, I'm going to right now...


um...

ok, well, I have a new found respect for that little plastic ground cloth and cardboard spinner.

So I was thinking last night while my left hand was reaching through my friends' legs to land on a yellow dot and my right leg was being straddled by two left-leg greens that it would be a lot harder to play twister if you were a mere critter. Imagine what the spinner would have to say. "Left middle appendage yellow," or "Right claw blue," or "Stinger yellow"... Things could get dicey if the millipedes show up (right-500-legs-red). Luckily we only had to play with other people last night, which makes things a little easier, I guess. It was fortunate that no one was seriously hurt (except for a bruised ego here or there) with all the flying limbs and bodies we saw. I do have a bit of twister elbow though. I'm pretty sure I got it when I got an ass in the face and someone stole my right-hand spot before I could get to it and I had to spill hard. Next time we're playing for keeps, one fall, one piece of clothing, until only I'm left clothed! Hopefully this guy doesn't show up.

2 comments:

Debbie and Adam said...

you are so cool, dave.

Matthew said...

you forgot to use the copyright symbol on that phrase dave....